San Rafael Valley, AZ ~~ Photo by Bill Haas

Monday, February 20, 2012

I HEART THE SANTA CRUZ BOARDWALK...

...especially when it hosts the annual Chowder Cook Off, when the eatin's good, and the local characters come out to play!  And eat.


You definitely won't have a problem spotting the "character" in this beach scene!



Boys to men?  Nah -- still just boys...

...starting earlier and earlier it seems.

Doesn't matter how many quarters I deposit here, the cards' message never seems to vary:   "You will meet a handsome, single brain surgeon from Beverly Hills who LOVES zaftig women in their seventies."  Well OK then ...  soon, I hope!
When you hit one of these targets...









...this guy comes to life.  One of my favorites!
These two are still smiling -- must have just started dating!
A Santa Cruz icon...
...as is Mariani's Sweet Shop

Tasting booths are invitingly decorated...
...some staffed with colorful characters in costume.
My son the flirt -- costumed as himself!
At day's end, culinary artisans hope their clammy concoction will be voted a winner.

The view from up there.












And did you know that one of the Boardwalk's two roller coasters, the all-wooden thrill-ride, is a National Monument?  Honest and truly!
Next up...the Chili Cook Off.  Count me in!

1 comment:

HyggeMomma said...

I LOVE 18 & 19 (shells&Basket & Pelican) Beautiful as always!